Mission, Goals and Objectives:
Restaurant Team Example
A restaurant team has established a
- "Provide to our valued customers prompt and high quality food and service in a friendly and courteous manner."
To move closer to this mission, the team has set a number of goals to…
- "Reduce the average customer waiting time by 10 minutes"
(addresses "prompt" service)
- "Reduce cholesterol in food by 10% within a year"
(addresses "high quality food")
- "Improve customer perception of courtesy within a year"
(addresses "friendly and courteous manner")
To accomplish these goals, the team has further defined specific actions that will get them there…
To reduce customer waiting time…
- "Add five more tables to the dining room by (date)"
- "Add one cook to the staff during peak periods by (date)"
To reduce cholesterol…
- "Begin using unsaturated fats by (date)"
- "Begin using lowfat salad dressing by (date)"
To improve customer perception of courtesy…
- "Provide eight hours of customer service training to all team members by (date)"
- "Establish awards for courteous service and begin by (date)"
Note that the team's mission, supported by specific goals and objectives, provides a clear direction for team member behavior and actions. Teams that fail to achieve good results are frequently lacking in such clarity of purpose.
RETURN to "Poor Meetings" List