The day begins with celebration and recognition activities that help the group get relaxed and excited and get to know one another better.
Your team objective is to construct a Raft that can carry an individual out to the designated buoy and back.You will be evaluated on durability of your Raft, efficiency of movement/design, and overall speed/time.
Everyone on the team must have an active role in the construction and launch of the Raft. You will be penalized 100 points per infraction if someone on your team is not actively engaged in the process.
- The Raft must allow for all passengers to remain afloat.
- You will be issued construction materials to build your craft.
- You cannot use any other materials except those issued.
- You must build a Raft and the appropriate paddles to propel you through the water.
- You are not allowed to test your craft prior to the launch period.
- You have 40 minutes to build your Raft.
- At the end of the 40 minutes you must bring your Raft to the launch area.
- Each team will paddle out to the designated buoy and back for a tally of points earned.
- After each team has launched, a final race between all teams will be conducted with additional points being awarded to the top 3 teams based on speed.
Each team will be putting at least one member into the Raft to compete on the water in a navigational challenge. Winning the Raft race will not guarantee the overall win, but it will be a big factor (and provide a ton of laughs!)
Revenues: You can earn revenues on Raft Durability (up to 500 pts), Efficiency of Movement/Design (up to 300 pts), and Overall Speed/Time (up to 500 pts).The final race will award points to the top 3 teams based on speed: 1st = 400 pts; 2nd = 300 pts; 3rd = 200 pts.